The Classes 75.4, 75.10-11 (Baden VI c1-9)
The class VI b (later the DRG class 75.1-3) turned in good results on the lines in Baden with their many curves and steep grades. The Baden State Railroad therefore went back to the 2-6-2T wheel arrangement for the further development of this type. However, the railroad equipped the new class "VI c" units with super-heated steam running gear. The higher permissible axle load allowed the installation of a super heater as well as a larger boiler. Hence, the performance and the speed of the new locomotive could be increased again. The wheel diameter was accordingly increased from 1,480 mm / 58-1/4" to 1,600 mm / 63" and the wheelbase was increased from 3,400 / 133-7/8" to 4,000 mm / 157-1/2". The result was now the fastest provincial railroad 2-6-2T tank locomotive in Germany.
The first locomotive was delivered in 1914 by the builder Maschinenbau-Gesellschaft Karlsruhe (MBG). A total of 92 units in six production runs were placed into service by 1917. Together with the VI b predecessor model, they now formed 50 percent of the active Baden motive power roster. In 1918, 28 units had to be given up after the end of World War I as reparations payments (armistice locomotives), 15 to France, and 13 to Belgium. Since the VI c represented a thoroughly successful design that could be used for almost all types of operations, the German State Railroad (DRG) ordered another 43 units in the transition phase.
All total the DRG took over 107 units as 75 401-494 (with gaps) and 75 1001-1023 as well as 1101-1120. The VI c soon made itself useful outside of Baden: By the end of the Twenties ten locomotives went to the Berlin S-Bahn, and in 1935, 38 locomotives went to Mecklenburg. After World War II, 66 units came to the DB that were used mainly in Freiburg, Offenburg, Radolfzell, Singen, Waldshut, Karlsruhe, and Villingen. The last VI c was not retired until 1967 with road number 75 1118. It is now an operational museum locomotive with the Ulm Railroad Fans (UEF) and runs in museum operations between Amstetten and Gerstetten. After 1945, 29 locomotives remained with the DR. They ran until the end of the Sixties in Haldensleben, Bautzen, and Löbau.