Road number 38 3199 of the South German Railroad Museum in Heilbronn (SEH) is an absolute exotic among the class 38 (Prussian P 8) locomotives. Its appearance is as it was in the first years of the DRG. As a clone of a proven class by the German State Railroad, in 1921 it went into operation still with the road number 2580 of the Prussian District in Elberfeld. In October of 1925 it was redesignated 38 3199. Shortly after that, it was sold to the Rumanian State Railways (CFR), where it ran as road number 230.106 until 1974. After being stored for over 20 years, the locomotive was acquired in April of 1998 by the SEH, and the museum had it restored to operational condition by the summer of 1999 in the Rumanian maintenance facility at Klausenburg (Cluj). By November of 1999, it was transferred under its own power to Heilbronn, where the so-called "regermanization" began to put the locomotive back into as close as possible the condition in which it was originally delivered – however with a German State Railroad road number – as well as equip it with radio and inductive magnet controls. This ended successfully with the acceptance run on May 9, 2002.
Prototype: Passenger locomotive, road number 38 3199, with a type 2´2´T21,5 box-style tender as it looked in Era II. South German Railroad Museum of Heilbronn (SEH) locomotive.
|Gauge / Design type||Z / 1:220|