The street-front of "Plant 1" is approximately 200 meters / 656 feet long, and from the Fils Valley rail line it makes up part of the skyline of Göppingen. The main building with the famous "little tower" and almost classic façade was built in 1908, and for a long time carried the artistically worked company name above the peak of the roof. In 1926 an extension was built in a similar style, with what was originally an unpainted brick façade. Modern architecture came along during the so-called "Economic Miracle" period: In 1957 a functional 6-story extension was built, which also housed the museum until 1979. For the 1984 anniversary the plant building was painted white, which has since then become the Märklin "house color".