Model: Three-axle tank locomotive with tender, with live steam mechanism. The locomotive is operated by a proportional remote controller (included with the locomotive). This lets you set the
direction and change the speed gradually. The water boiler is heated with gas from a refillable gas tank in the locomotive cab. This locomotive
is designed for operation with the gas available in most stores
for cigarette lighters. All three axles on the locomotive powered through side rods. Built-in safety valve and pressure gauge. Remote control receiver built into the tender. The lights on the rear of the tender indicate whether the receiver is working. Rechargeable batteries (not
included with the locomotive) are required for operating the remote controller and for the receiver. This locomotive may be operated only outdoors. Minimum radius for operation is 1,020 mm / 40-3/16*. Length over buffers 48.0 cm / 18-7/8*.
After an absence of over 60 years the Märklin program once again has a locomotive with a live steam mechanism. Please note the following points on the use of this locomotive:
• This locomotive may by used only by adults.
• This locomotive may be operated only outdoors. When operating this locomotive, you must be aware that the track will become dirty with oil and steam residue.
• It is not possible to have simultaneous operation of locomotives powered electrically from the track and this live steam locomotive on the same track.
• The water boiler for this locomotive must never be heated when it is empty.
• This locomotive will run for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the load,
with a full water boiler.
• Maxi or standard 1 Gauge cars with the Märklin claw coupler can
be coupled to this locomotive with no problem.
• This model can be used everywhere in Europe.
The photograph shows a working sample model that differs visually in various details from the regular production model.