EP 3/6, K.Bay.Sts.B. | Gauge H0 - Article No. 37069

Electric Locomotive

Prototype: Royal Bavarian State Railroad (K.Bay.Sts.B.) class EP 3/6. Original version with a steam heat boiler for passenger trains. Road number 20104. The locomotive looks as it did around 1915.

!/c#hNiT1Y
Electric Locomotive
Electric Locomotive

Most Important Facts

Article No.37069
Gauge / Design type H0 / 1:87
EraI
KindElectric Locomotives
ManualsSpare parts listOrder spare partsCompact viewCopy link
Article not produced anymore.
Check with your local dealer
Now available via speciality dealer. This exclusive article is not available in our online shop, instead you can purchased them from specific retailers. Please contact your local retailer. Find Dealer

Highlights

  • Headlight / marker light changeover now with warm white and red LEDs.
  • Factory-installed smoke unit included.
  • Figure of a locomotive engineer included.
  • Current-conducting, operating close couplers included on both ends, for supplying power for the interior lighting in the 43320 passenger car set that goes with this locomotive.
  • mfx+ World of Operation decoder and extensive operational and sound functions included.
  • For still more operating enjoyment in the Märklin "World of Operation".
  • Product description

    Model: The locomotive has the new mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion. 3 axles and a jackshaft powered. Traction tires. The locomotive has a factory-installed 72270 smoke unit. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. When the headlights are turned off at both ends of the locomotive, then both ends have the double "A" light on. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The older style pantographs are asymmetrically arranged. The locomotive has a reproduction of the steam heat boiler. Current-conducting, operating close couplers are mounted on both ends of the locomotive to provide power for the interior lighting in the 43320 passenger car set that goes with this locomotive. The interior lighting in the passenger cars can be turned on and off in digital operation by means of the current-conducting couplers. A eppfigure of a locomotive engineer is included. Length over the buffers 14.3 cm / 5-5/8".

    A passenger car set to go with this locomotive is offered as item number 43320 exclusively for the MHI in the Märklin assortment.

    This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment as item number 22609.

    One-time series.

  • Publications

    - Summer New Items 2015 - Product programme 2015/2016
  • Prototype information

    37069 – Bavarian EP 3/6 20104 (Starting in 1926: E 36 04) The route Salzburg – Freilassing – Berchtesgaden was also part of the first electrification program in Bavaria, and an electric test operation was possible starting April 15, 1914. In 1912, the Bavarian State Railroad ordered four locomotives with a 2-6-4 wheel arrangement for passenger service on this route with its many grades and curves from Krauss in Munich (mechanical parts) and SSW (electrical parts). They were taken into operation in April and June of 1914 as road numbers EP 3/6 20101-20104. Their running gear was designed to correspond to the difficult route characteristics: The front pilot truck together with the first coupled wheel set formed a Krauss-Helmholtz frame. The rear pilot truck together with the last coupled wheel set rested in a Krauss-Lotter frame. The first runs showed the marvelous design of the running gear without a fixed wheelbase. The good running features free of hunting and jerking were praised. A special feature was the steam boiler for train heating located behind the front engineer's cab. Its smoke stack projected from the roof. The front pantograph therefore had to be placed in the middle of the locomotive. Electric test operations to Berchtesgaden ended however as early as August 3, 1914 due to the outbreak of World War I. Electric operations did not resume until April 10, 1916. On the DRG, these locomotives ran starting in August 1926 as road numbers E 36 01-04. Their served was reduced drastically with the introduction of the new E 44.5 starting in 1933/34, and they were finally retired between 1941 and 1943. Road number E 36 02 was then converted to a snowplow and survived. It can be admired today in the Bavarian Railroad Museum (BEM) in Nördlingen.

  • Digital Functions

    Control UnitMobile StationMobile Station 2Central Station 1/2Central Station 3/2*
    Mobile Station 2**
    Headlight(s)
    Smoke generator
    Electric locomotive op. sounds
    Locomotive whistle
    Interior lights
    Sound of squealing brakes off
    Headlight(s): Cab2 End
    Whistle for switching maneuver
    Headlight(s): Cab1 End
    Direct control
    Station Announcements
    Conductor's Whistle
    Rail Joints
    Letting off Steam
    Sound of coal being shoveled

    * New features of the Central Station 2 (Part No. 60213, 60214 or 60215) with the software update 4.2

    ** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55

    Find more Märklin explanation videos on our YouTube Channel

Warning

ATTENTION: adults only