Prototype: Royal Bavarian State Railroad (K.Bay.Sts.B.) class B VI old-timer locomotive. Version for peat firing, but without a high sided peat tender. Locomotive name "Orlando di Lasso" on the nameplate.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder, controlled, high-efficiency propulsion and a sound generator with many functions. There is a powerful can motor with a bell-shaped armature in the locomotive's boiler. 2 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive has detailed running gear with an external frame and Stephenson valve gear. The headlights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. There is a close coupling between the locomotive and the tender. Brake hoses and prototypical couplers can be installed on the buffer beam. Length over the buffers 16.3 cm / 6-7/16". The locomotive comes packaged in a decorative wooden box.
Cars to go with the "Orlando di Lasso" can be found under item no. 43985.
This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item no. 22184.
Maffei delivered 107 locomotives with four driving wheels and a single-axle pilot truck to the Bavarian State Railways between 1863 and 1871. Technically, the B VI differed only slightly from the predecessor class, the B V. The driving wheel diameter was increased from 1,462 mm / 57-9/16" to 1,616 mm / 63-5/8" and the service weight went up one metric ton to 31 tons. Likes its predecessor, the B VI could be fired with coal as well as with peat. After the installation of replacement boilers, the permissible steam pressure went from 116 to 145 pounds per square inch. The B VI was used primarily to pull passenger trains in regular service. It was soon demoted by faster locomotives to less important service. The B VI began to be pulled from service as early as 1895 and this process went on into the Twenties. Two units active in maintenance train service survived into the temporary numbering system for the German State Railroad as road numbers 34 7461 and 34 7362, and they were soon retired after the new numbering system took effect in 1925. One unit, 34 316, wrote railroad history. This locomotive bore the name "Tristan" and pulled the Royal Court Train for Ludwig II, when his Majesty went on a trip.